The Suburban is our most popular design thanks to its compact design and affordable price point. One of the best value 2-bedroom homes on the market today, the Suburban is ideal as a holiday home or as a small residence in a rural setting.
Kitchen, Living & Dining
As you can see from the below pictures, the Suburban's kitchen and living areas are open plan and compact. The kitchen makes good use of the available space by being discretely situated along the rear wall. This ensures lots of room to move around and relax while not skimping on space for bench tops, cupboards, or appliances.
The kitchen is shown here with all standard inclusions such as the laminate bench top. Splashback windows behind the kitchen sink look out onto the back yard, and a back door is conveniently located beside the kitchen and near the door to the second bedroom.
The Suburban's two bedrooms are situated at each end of the house, which is great for privacy. Both bedrooms have built in robes - a luxury in a home of this size.
Each bedroom has a sliding door out onto the optional 1.8m merbau decking along the front of the home. Highlight windows allow in extra light and help with passive heating. The image below from our Marysville build shows the bedroom with carpet - one of several flooring options available throughout the home.
Bathroom, Laundry & Toilet
The Suburban makes good use of its available space by having a compact yet comfortably-sized bathroom. The toilet is situated in the main bathroom to save on space.
There's also a compact laundry area tucked away behind French doors located opposite the bathroom.
The Suburban comes with our Skillion facade as standard. The Skillion façade is generally used, but not limited to our single module homes such as this design and the ‘Brooklyn’. The raked ceiling and high narrow windows in the living areas add a degree of space, while the optional front verandah provides the perfect retreat for a sunny afternoon.
The pictures in this article show the optional 1.8m decking with both a standard verandah (the first picture in this article), and the second picture showing the decking with bolt-on style eaves, which allow in more natural light at the expense of shelter from the elements.
Most of the home's exterior is Colorbond, a low-maintenance cladding that's available in a wide range of colours to suit any environment.
Other Notable Features
- The Suburban is a single-module home, which means it's easier to transport and install than some of our larger design, somewhat reducing the cost of transport and construction.
- The home shown in many of these images is from our Marysville project, which you can read more about here.
- The large amount of windows along the front of this home make it ideal for taking advantage of a sweeping view, as can be seen from the placement on a slope in the Marysville project.
- The four highlight windows across the top front of the home are great for letting in extra sunlight, giving the home a breezy feel. These can easily be upgraded to windows that open and close, and can also have blinds fitted if desired.
- Raked ceilings throughout the Suburban give a lovely sense of space usually not found in homes at this price point.
- The photos in this article show the home with vinyl plank floors in the living areas. This is one of several flooring options available.
- Various heating and cooling options are available for this home. The pictures in this article show a combination of ceiling fans along with a split system unit.
- The Suburban has a base price of just $117,600 (at the time of writing), making it one of our most affordable and popular modular home designs.
The 2-bedroom Suburban modular home design is ideal as a holiday home or compact rural residence. Its clever use of space, raked ceilings, and open plan layout make it a great value modular home and show why it's our most popular design. If you would like to find out more about inclusions and pricing options on the Suburban for your own block of land, get in touch with our friendly team today.
Sales Consultant at Anchor Homes.